Every day we are exposed to various types of toxins through the environment, air, water, food that needs to be metabolized and eliminated so that they are not accumulated, causing overload and organic dysfunctions that can lead to the development of chronic degenerative diseases.
Our body performs the natural process of detoxification which purpose is to eliminate certain toxic substances (exogenous or endogenous). The two main organs that exert this mechanism are the liver (60%) and the intestine (20%), although it can occur in all cells of the body.
Toxins are called xenobiotics and come from:
- Food sources: food additives from industrialized products, agrochemicals, heavy metals (aluminum, mercury, lead, etc.)
- Environmental origin: plastics, utensils, pollution, cosmetics, medicines etc.
- Endogenous origin: metabolites from the cells that need to be eliminated.
In order for the detoxification process to take place effectively in the body, it is important to prefer foods and nutrients that will participate in the detox process as vitamins (mainly of the B complex), minerals such as selenium and zinc, antioxidants and polyphenols and amino acids.
Here are some tips that will help you avoid exposure to toxins:
- Prefer the consumption of organics, especially those that are routinely used, such as rice, vegetables, and fruits.
- Avoid some food sources of toxins and food allergens, such as cow's milk, gluten products (eg wheat, rye, barley, and oats), colorants, food additives, trans and hydrogenated fats, fried foods, soft drinks, artificial juices, and sugar.
- Proper hydration is important to facilitate the elimination of toxins through feces, urine, sweat, and respiration.
- The period of the detox diet should be oriented individually, but the foods most consumed in this period should also be consumed frequently in a healthy diet.
- Green juice can help in the detox process, as they contain essential substances for this process.
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team.
Don't worry, your information will not be shared.
I will keep your email safe and I will never share your details.