See a summary of my interview with Dr. Aseem Malhotra - famous cardiologist and writer of The Pioppi Diet.
Here are the main points:
- People generally have misconceptions and distortions about eating, for example, believe that consumption of saturated fat and cholesterol increase the risk of cardiovascular disease and death, which is a myth.
- The current diet of the majority of the population contains much more carbohydrate than is healthy for our body and this causes many problems.
- Dr. Aseem reveals to us that medicine is not an exact science, and it is in constant advances and updates and we need to update ourselves.
- Dr. Aseem Malhotra explains that current research and studies show that the consumption of saturated fats and cholesterol does not block your arteries.
- One of the biggest villains to increase the risk of cardiovascular disease is insulin resistance caused by excessive consumption of refined carbohydrates, sugars, and also influenced by sedentary lifestyle, stress, little sleep etc.
- Dr. Aseem Malhotra has researched the lifestyle relationship with the life expectancy of residents of Pioppi, a small town in Italy, and found that the most important thing in their diet is that they do not consume processed food that contains too much sugar.
- People generally consume little natural fat from food, and fat is very important for the absorption of many essential vitamins into our body, as well as acting in the brain, cognitive, cellular functions and hormonal regulation.
- Poor nutrition is much more responsible for illness and death than smoking and sedentary lifestyle associated with it!
- Research has shown that people over 60 who had higher LDL (bad cholesterol) levels had a lower risk of death. This is because cholesterol is involved in the immune system and older people are at greater risk of dying from infections, so cholesterol turned out to be a protective mechanism.
- Dr. recommends in the book also the intermittent fasting to reduce insulin resistance, fasting for 24 hours once a week.
- The results of weight loss are much greater with the change in diet than with exercise.
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team.
Don't worry, your information will not be shared.
I will keep your email safe and I will never share your details.